Fresh veggies, an assortment of spices, garlic, and chicken broth come together to create a soup that is nutrient dense and satisfyingly filling.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 2 cups peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 cups chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 12 oz cans low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 8 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 3 cups peeled and 1/2-inch thick diced potatoes
- 2 Tbspp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped frozen or fresh green beans
- 1 1/4 cups frozen or fresh corn
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Add onions, carrots, and celery and saute 3 minutes then add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
Add in tomatoes, potatoes, parsley, corn, thyme and season with salt and pepper to taste.
add the chicken broth or vegetable soup spice blend. Bring to a boil, then add green beans.
Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until potatoes are almst fully tender, about 20 - 25 minutes. Serve warm.
Calories: 268.99kcal | Carbohydrates: 45.52g | Protein: 8.61g | Fat: 8.31g | Saturated Fat: 1.19g | Sodium: 217.93mg | Potassium: 1294.15mg | Fiber: 9.2g | Sugar: 10.22g | Vitamin A: 963.23IU | Vitamin C: 47.36mg | Calcium: 129.4mg | Iron: 7.32mg