An easy stovetop cabbage recipe made with just a little garlic and olive oil to bring out the natural flavors of the cabbage.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch of fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1 small head of green cabbage cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons shallot minced
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, and then add the oil and onion. Saute to soften the onion slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in garlic， ginger and red-pepper flakes. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Add the cabbage and salt. Stir to combine. Cover, and reduce the heat to medium low. Cook, stirring occasionally as the cabbage begins to collapse. Add a little water, 2 tablespoons at a time, as needed if the cabbage becomes too dry. Cook for about 6 minutes, or until the cabbage is just tender. Salt to taste and serve.
prinkle with green onions.
Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 334mg | Potassium: 443mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 222IU | Vitamin C: 86mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 1mg