This easy Homemade Cornbread Recipes.
Light, tender and moist, this cornbread recipe has just a hint of sweetness making it perfect for dipping, dunking or slathering with butter. Making cornbread from scratch is so easy I know you’re going to love it!
And stir just until everything is moistened. You don’t want to over stir the batter because that can develop the gluten in the flour and make the end product a little rubbery, so it’s okay if there are a few lumps. No need to stir until everything is completely smooth.
Fill Dish with Cornbread Batter
Spread the batter into your prepared dish and bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until the top and edges are golden brown. The exact baking time may vary slightly based on your dish and your oven.
Why is my cornbread crumbly?
Ugh, isn’t overly crumbly and dry cornbread just the worst? If you’re experiencing just a little bit of crumble, that’s normal. It shouldn’t be true bread consistency, but it also shouldn’t be totally dry and feel like wet sand. Using too much cornmeal is one way to dry it out, so don’t skip out on the equal portion of flour.
Homemade Cornbread Recipes
Like most quick bread recipes (such as Banana Bread) you’ll want to ensure you mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet in another. When you combine the two, mix just until moistened. Overmixing can cause a dry, tough cornbread. Also ensure you don’t overcook the bread. Check it at the lower end of the cook time.
MORE CORNBREAD RECIPE RECIPES READERS LOVE!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup neutral oil or melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . 9x5 cake pan with non-stick spray (or butter for more flavor).or 9-inch pie plate
- In a large bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until evenly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and oil.
- Pour the bowl of wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir just until everything is moist. Avoid over stirring. It's okay if there are a few lumps.
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the top and edges are golden brown.
The top will crack a little and look all delicious.
5 thoughts on “cornbread recipe”