This black bean chorizo soup is the perfect comfort food, but easy enough for a weeknight meal!
switch out the chorizo for a similar sausage that is made from chicken or turkey. and while the taste will differ a little, it will still be totally delicious.
chorizo and black bean soup
- 8 ounces chorizo cut into small cubes
- 1 large potatoes pealed and diced
- 1/4 cups can black beans drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp scallions minced
- In a saucepan, heat the canola oil over medium heat.Add the garlic,stir constantly for 30 seconds.
- Add the chorizo and potatoes the pan and cook until crispy,stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the black beans and chicken stock to the pan, add milk and salt, pepper,stirring occasionally, until black beans are tender, 25-30 minutes.add scallions minced.