This classic peanut butter cookie recipe is thick and chewy, and downright delicious.
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES:
Prep your oven. 350˚F and parchment paper.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Mix in peanut butter until it is incorporated and smooth. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl down after each addition.
Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add dry ingredients until they are just incorporated and the batter is smooth, being careful not to over-mix.
Form your dough balls. Form the dough into 1.5-tablespoon round balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Press a criss-cross pattern into each dough ball with a fork to flatten slightly.
Bake. For about 10-12 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the centers are slightly puffy. Remove from the oven, and then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool.
MORE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Roasted Curried Cauliflower – Rustic flavors, super easy!
Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce – Super quick!
garlic butter shrimp – Classic perfection
Crescent Rolls – packed with flavor, texture & color!
Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until combined.
- Mix in peanut butter then blends in egg and vanilla. With mixer set on low speed slowly add in flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Shape the dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork.
- Bake cookies in a preheated oven, one sheet at a time, for about 9 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store cookies and an airtight container.