This recipe starts with homemade meatballs, which are a combination of lean ground beef, breadcrumbs, seasonings, onion and egg.
sweet and sour Beef Meatballs recipe
- Making Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (Cooking Meatballs）
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- In a bowl, add the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs and onion. The meat mixture is rolled into balls.
- can You also make a double batch of the meatballs and freeze some for later use.
- In a large pot, add brown sugar, water,White vinegar and soy sauce. Mix thoroughly. Add the meatballs and stir often, and stew for 30 minutes. Add chopped green onions.
- We usually serve the sweet and sour meatballs over white rice but it’s also super yummy with fried rice.