chocolate chiffon cake
chocolate chiffon cake – This is a very light version of chiffon cake with minimum sugar.
an absolutely amazing delight of chocolate magic, lightest to the feel but with all the richness of cocoa and chocolate.
TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIFFON CAKE :
Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.Separate Egg Yolks and Whites into two large mixing bowls.
Melt 80 grams dark chocolate in 100 ml milk and set aside to cool. To this, add oil, instant coffee and vanilla extract, mix well and set aside.
Sieve together cake flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt a few times and set aside.
In another bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into egg yolk mixture.Gently spoon batter into an ungreased 8-inch tube pan. Cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on lowest rack at 325 degrees for 60-65 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert pan, cool completely. Run a knife around sides and pan. Invert cake onto a serving plate
chocolate chiffon cake recipes
MORE CHOCOLATE CHIFFON CAKE RECIPES READERS LOVE!
orange chiffon cake recipes – comfort food
egg roll in a bowl – easy weeknight meal!
cotton soft sponge cake recipes – comfort food
egg souffle recipes – super easy
chocolate chiffon cake
- 3 large Eggs （ separated ）
- 70 grams Granulated white sugar
- 100 grams Cake flour sifted
- 30 grams Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Instant coffee
- 40 ml Flavorless oil
- 80 grams Dark Chocolate
- 100 ml Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- Get your 8 inch two piece tube pan ready, totally clean dry and grease proofed.
- Separate Egg Yolks and Whites into two large mixing bowls.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Sieve together cake flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt a few times and set aside.
- Melt 80 grams dark chocolate in 100 ml milk and set aside to cool. To this, add oil, instant coffee and vanilla extract, mix well and set aside.
- Start whisking the yolks, after a minute, add 35 grams of granulated sugar gradually and continue beating for 8 minutes till the mix is pale white and is ribbony in consistency.
- In another mixing bowl, start whisking egg whites, when it starts to foam, add cream of tartar, give a thorough mix, and then start adding the other part of 35 grams granulated sugar gradually. Beat on high speed till almost stiff peaks are formed. We do not want very stiff peaks, so be careful!
- To the whipped egg yolks mix, add the flour mix alternating with oil & chocolate mix in three parts. Fold in with a spatula very gently, so that the mix is not deflated.
- To this mix, very gently fold the egg whites with a rubber spatula, in three parts, till the mix is uniformly mixed, scoop out from the bottom, so that there are not flour mix lumps.
- Pour the uniformly mixed final batter into the pan, level it, gently give a few taps and run a thin knife through the batter to break the air pockets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, until when you insert a wooden skewer into the center of the cake, it comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool it upside down on the tube pan supports completely . After complete cooling, run a thin knife through the side , and push it out with the base from the tube. Now run the knife though the base and carefully remove the cake and place on the serving dish. You need a very sharp serrated knife to cleanly slice this cake.