bacon fried rice
How to make Fried Rice
Start by sautéing bacon
Add diced vegetables – I’ve used corn, carrots and peas for convenience here, but any diced vegetables will be great Add cooked cold rice and Fried Rice Sauce and give it a toss Move everything to the side and scramble egg in the wok or pan.
Add green onion and toss it all together, then serve immediately!
This Egg Fried Rice is tossed through with fluffy rice, crispy bacon, colourful vegetables.
easy bacon fried rice recipes
Some tips and tricks for making fried rice:
Use day old cold rice. If you use warm, freshly made rice, your fried rice will most likely turn out soggy. Using day old rice helps to dry out the grains and give the rice a good texture.
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
bacon fried rice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 oz bacon chopped
- 2 cups vegetables I used peas, corn, carrots
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 eggs whisked
- 3/4 cup shallots / scallions / green onions sliced
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Add your chopped bacon to a medium sized skillet or work. Cook over medium high heat until it is crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the grease leaving about 1 tablespoon.
- Add garlic . Cook about 1/2 minutes. Add peas, corn, carrots . Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and Sauce ingredients. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes until liquid evaporates.
- Shove rice to the side of the wok / skillet. Add 1/2 tbsp oil into the cleared space, shift wok so the heat is centred over the cleared space. add the beaten egg to the other side. Scramble the egg until it is cooked through
- Add bacon back to the skillet , Add shallots then stir the egg into the rice. Remove from heat and serve immediately!