ham fried rice
No fussy ingredients, you can make ham fried rice like the restaurant, yes, ham and vegetables.
Fried Rice is originated from China and now is a very common Chinese dish around the world. Most of American Chinese restaurants serve fried rice in their menu or as a side. However, the idea of fried rice dish is to use leftover rice wisely and don’t waste food. Thus, fried rice is made from leftover rice stir fried with vegetables, eggs and meat.
How to Make Ham Fried Rice !
There are so many different ways to make fried rice. The best is to use leftover and refrigerated cooked rice because it is easier when you stir fried them. Also, a good fried rice is to make sure every rice covered by eggs. Hence, in Chinese we called them golden rice. When you are pouring the beaten eggs over the rice, you have to stir fried the rice quick enough to cover rice with eggs. Besides, if you have a lot of leftover ham from Thanksgiving or Christmas feast, the best way to use the ham is to make ham fried rice the next few days. Not only ham fried rice is simple, easy and taste great, but also can use the leftover wisely.
Easy ham fried rice recipes
Ham is one of my favorite meats to use in fried rice recipes. Its salty, savory flavor pairs so well with the veggies and sauce here.
This fried rice is so simple to make and serve that you’d be remiss not to give it a try. Make it part of your regular menu and you’ll never worry about not having time to make a tasty homemade dinner ever again.
MORE HAM FRIED RICE RECIPES READERS LOVE!
chicken fried rice recipes – Classic perfection
chicken noodles recipes – packed with flavor, texture & color!
Baked Chicken Legs – Easy and delicious!
Roasted mushrooms – delicious classic side dish!
Twice Baked Potatoes – Reader favorite recipe
garlic shrimp pasta – Easy and delicious!
ham fried rice
- 2 cups ham cubed
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups carrots cubed
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons green onions chopped
- up to prior cook your white rice, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or frying pan. Beat the eggs in a small bowl and add to the pan when the oil is hot.
- Stir gently with a wooden spoon just until cooked. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil and vegetable oil in a LARGE wok or skillet over medium-high heat , add garlic. When garlic is lightly browned, add ham and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until ham is nice and hot.
- Add carrots cook until are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, ginger and crushed .
- over medium heat add the rice, cooking until hot and the rice is beginning to pop. add the egg and the sauce mixture, stirring to combine.
- Top with green onion and serve immediately.