homemade milk vegetable soup rcipes
Lets talk about this milk vegetarian soup today because it is just as delicious as any meaty chicken soup you’ve had in your life. Its the perfect blend of light and easy when you want a quick, hearty meal.
What do you put in vegetable soup?
My favorite vegetables to put in vegetable soup are broccoli, carrots and peas. green beans, corn.
This soup has just enough flavor to be comforting and interesting, but sometimes it’s nice to kick things up a notch! Try adding in some hot sauce or spicy seasonings like roasted red pepper flakes. I like to top each bowl with crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese.
And if you absolutely absolutely want to add some meat, go ahead and add cooked shredded chicken or shrimp to this recipe and make it your very own cream of chicken soup.
MORE MILK VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPES READERS LOVE!?
homemade milk vegetable soup
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped Onions
- 3/4 cup chopped Carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 3/4 cup chopped Green Beans
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets
- 3/4 cup Corn Kernels
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to skillet. add onions, carrots. Cook for a few minutes till the onions soften, making sure not to brown them. Add the garlic, beans, broccoli and corn and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour along with thyme and oregano and cook the flour with veggies for a minute and a half. Add the whole milk slowly, while stirring continuously. Keep stirring while you bring this to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
- Add salt and pepper and let everything simmer for 8 minutes or till the soup thickens. Add a little broth or more milk to thin it out if its too thick for you.
- Serve hot.