easy teriyaki chicken recipes
Adding a savory sauce full of Asian ingredients to chicken is an easy way to up the flavor without doing a lot of work. Here, a simple mixture of soy sauce, and ginger is warmed in a saucepan.
Then chicken thighs or thinly pounded chicken breasts are sautéed until brown, covered with the sauce, and cooked until the sauce has thickened.
how to make teriyaki chicken
Soy sauce (use a light soy to reduce the sodium content)
Sugar (white is the preferred sugar used in a traditional Teriyaki sauce, however I prefer using brown sugar)
Sake (or a rice wine vinegar if you have it, but any white vinegar will work)
Garlic (because…well, garlic) — you can substitute garlic for ginger if you prefer!
Please use chicken thighs for this. Breasts do work well, BUT chicken thighs stay extra juicy and are perfect for Teriyaki.
When searing your chicken, make sure the oil in your pan is hot before adding the meat to get a really nice golden sear. Use a large pan to avoid over-crowding and simmering your chicken in their own juices.
This Teriyaki Chicken recipe will quickly become a new favorite! In this one pan recipe, bite size chicken breasts pieces are sautéed in a skillet then coated with an easy and delicious teriyaki sauce.
what to serve with teriyaki chicken
Steamed broccoli and rice are the BEST sides (white, jasmine, brown or even wild rice work really well). Drizzle all of the extra sauce over everything in your bowl for ultimate flavour. You can also top your chicken with sesame seeds and/or sliced green onion and enjoy a Teriyaki Chicken Bowl in the comfort of your own home!
MORE TERIYAKI CHICKEN RECIPES READERS LOVE!
chicken fried rice recipes – super easy
chicken noodles recipes – Family favorite recipe!
chicken broccoli stir fry recipes – Easy to make!
ham fried rice recipes – comfort food
tofu stir fry with vegetables recipes – Quick family favorite.
Chili Baked Shrimp Recipes – perfectly juicy & seasoned
teriyaki chicken recipes easy
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger root minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- sesame seeds for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, 1 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoons cornstarch white.
- Mince the garlic and ginger and chop the scallions. Separate the scallion whites from the greens and set aside greens for garnish.
- Heat a small sauce pot over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of oil, ginger, garlic and scallion whites. Saute for 1 minute. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, Add the remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch until starting to thicken, about 2 minutes. Once thickened, turn heat to low .
- Heat a large wok or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. add 1 tablespoon of oil , then of the chicken pieces. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes, or until browned on the edges. Flip chicken and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- add the sauce to the skillet and toss to coat. Cook chicken for 3-5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with sesame . Serve immediately