Pork with bitter melon stir fry recipes – This bitter melon recipe pairs two strong flavors—and bitter melon, a vegetable with a strong chalky flavor.
I love great inspired dishes, like Hunan Chicken, minestrone soup, teriyaki chicken and the very popular chicken vegetable soup.
Bitter melon will add some sugar when stir fry, which will make the taste better. Summer Bitter melon recipes is also a good choice.
pork with bitter melon recipes
eating “bitter gourd,” (more commonly known as bitter melon) during the summertime is a must, because the Chinese believe that bitter melon is “cooling,” helping to cool your body in the midst of the summer heat. A lot of families eat bitter melon weekly for this reason. While most people don’t like this dish solely because they’re afraid of the bitter flavor.
MORE PORK WITH BITTER MELON RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Bacon Wrapped Smokies – Reader favorite recipe
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp – Classic perfection
garlic mushrooms – delicious classic side dish!
Pumpkin Soup – The perfect recipe
Chicken Stir Fry – Easy and delicious!
pork with bitter melon
- 1 pound bitter melon
- 1/2 pound lean pork
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or peanut oil
- salt or pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon scallions
- Cut the ends off the bitter melon and cut in half lengthwise (do not peel). Remove the seeds and pith from the middle of the melon with a small spoon. Cut the melon diagonally into thin, 1/4-inch slices.
- Place the sliced bitter melon in the boiling water and parboil until it is just tender (2 to 3 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a preheated wok. When the oil is hot, add the garlic mixture. Cook, stirring, for about 15 seconds until aromatic, then add the pork. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until the pork turns white and is nearly cooked. Remove the pork from the pan.
- Heat 1 to 2 teaspoons oil in the wok, as needed. When the oil is hot, add the bitter melon. Stirfry for a minute, Add the pork back into the pan, stirring to mix everything together. cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir everything together, and season with salt or pepper. Serve hot.
6 thoughts on “pork with bitter melon”