minestrone soup recipes–this favorite Italian soup is made with fresh seasonal vegetables, often with the addition of pasta . Common ingredients include beans, onions, celery, carrots, stock, and tomatoes.
HOW TO MAKE MINESTRONE SOUP
You will want to first chop all your vegetables. White onion, celery, carrots, and the zucchini. Be sure that you cut them in all the same size. Aim for the size of the kidney bean or smaller.
Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or soup pot. Add the chopped veggies and let cook until softened.
Add a can of diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, vegetable broth, and some spices. Bring it to a low boil and then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
Add some small shell pasta and a handful of fresh spinach. Cook some more until pasta is done and serve!
WHAT VEGETABLES GO INTO MINESTRONE SOUP?
This soup is loaded with veggies, it contains onion, carrot, celery, zucchini, tomatoes and spinach. you can absolutely change up the veggies depending on what’s in season and what you have on hand.
Incredibly flavorful and rich, this minestrone soup is every bit as hearty as it is beautiful. Made easily in the , this soup is perfect for a busy weeknight!
Best minestrone soup recipes
MORE MINESTRONE SOUP RECIPES READERS LOVE!
vegetable noodles – The perfect recipe
broccoli potato soup – so easy!
sesame noodles – a meal all in one dish
Chicken Stir Fry with Noodles – Comforting and delicious!
chicken noodles recipes – Favorite recipe!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup peeled chopped zucchini (about 1 zucchini)
- 1 cup petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can 15 oz kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 can 15 oz white beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 can 15 oz tomato sauce
- 2 cans vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cups small shell pasta
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots and zucchini to the pot.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender, 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth, tomato paste and Italian seasoning to the pot. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the white beans, kidney beans, small shell pasta to the pot. Simmer for 15 minutes or until small shell pasta and vegetables are tender.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the spinach leaves and cook for 2-3 minutes or until wilted.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the soup and serve.