Bacon Carbonara Pasta is an Italian classic pasta dish with pasta, eggs and bacon topped with cheese in under 30 minutes.
HOW DO YOU MAKE PASTA CARBONARA?
To make carbonara, the first step is to make the pasta. Be sure to reserve some of the cooking water, you’ll need it later on to thin out the sauce. The pasta is poured into a pan along with cooked bacon, and eggs and parmesan cheese over the top. The heat from the pasta will gently cook the egg mixture . Add a little more bacon and cheese with a sprinkle of parsley.
Easy bacon carbonara recipes
MORE BACON CARBONARA RECIPES READERS LOVE!
garlic butter pasta – Favorite recipe!
sesame noodles – Super quick!
minestrone soup – light & flavorful
Caramelize Onions – Easy and delicious!
muffin tin eggs – easy favorite!
Raisin Bran Muffins – packed with flavor
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound spaghetti pasta
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pound thick cut bacon or pancetta diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley to garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the pasta water before draining.
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 7 to 10 minutes. Drain fat from bacon, reserving just 2 tablespoons of the grease.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, and 1 cup parmesan cheese.
- Toss drained pasta with cooked bacon, and 2 tablespoons of bacon grease. Pour egg mixture in, along with reserved pasta water and toss together with pasta 2 minutes. add the salt and ground pepper.
- Serve hot topped with remaining cheese, and parsley to garnish.