How to make caramelize onions :
Now melt some butter over medium heat in a pan!
placing onion slices in a pan of melted butter
No worries if some are still stuck together. You can use your wooden spoon/ spatula to help you out with the rest of them.
When they are in the pan, give everything a good stir to coat all the pieces in butter. Once it is sizzling, reduce heat to low. Then you want to leave them alone for about 5 minutes until some little golden edges start to show up.
Give ’em a good stir, and let them go another 10 minutes on low. I stir mine about every 5 minutes.
You can cook them on the stove top or in the slow cooker and both are equally delicious!
What kind of Onions to use for Caramelized Onions? I find sweet onions work the best but you can truly use any kind of onion to caramelize.
Caramelizing the onions slowly in butter until they’re rich golden-brown (but not so dark as to taste bitter) produces the sweetest, most flavorful results.
MORE CARAMELIZE ONIONS RECIPES READERS LOVE!
chicken lo mein noodles – Favorite recipe!
Crispy Potatoes roast – Comforting and delicious!
Cheese Penne and ham – set it and forget it!
eggplant stir fry – so easy!
garlic mushrooms – reader favorite
- 2 large onions approx.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar optional.
- salt to taste
- Melt about 2 tablespoons of butter in a saute pan. Then add all of those onions, and give them a good stir to coat them in the butter.
- stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes. add the brown sugar. sprinkling some salt on the onions and stirring it in.
- Lower heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are very sweet and a rich golden-brown color, About 35 minutes.