Eggplant stir fry recipes . this recipe is a simple midweek dinner that’s easy to make, yet it’s somehow impressive. It’s a simple aubergine stir-fry flavoured with a bunch of aromatics in a salty, sweet and sour glaze served over a bowl of steaming hot rice.
Cut well eggplant
You will need slender Korean/Asian eggplants for this recipe. They have tender skin and sweet flesh.
I love the eggplants when they soak up all the delicious savory flavors, When served over a bowl of steamed rice, the dish makes a satisfying dinner with affordable ingredients and is loaded with nutrition.
Best ever eggplant stir fry recipes
Place aubergine / eggplant pieces in a colander over a deep plate. Sprinkle liberally with salt and set aside for the salt to draw the bitterness out.
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
eggplant stir fry
- 1 medium Korean/Asian eggplant or 2 small, about 8 ounces
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 small red chili peppers
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 small thumb size ginger cut into short matchsticks
- cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Cut the eggplants lengthwise in halves. Then cut diagonally into about 1/4-inch thick slices. Thinly slice the onion.
- Heat a pan with 1 tablespoon of cooking oil over medium high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger, and stir-fry until fragrant. Add the eggplants and stir-fry, for a minute or two until they start to soften.
- Stir in the sauce mix, and then add the peppers.
- Continue to stir-fry until the eggplants are well coated with the seasoning and the pepper is slightly wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn the heat off. Drizzle the sesame oil over, and mix well again. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds to serve.