Baked Chicken and Potato Casserole recipes
crazy delicious and easy chicken potato casserole recipe loaded with potatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon and cream.
Frozen hash browns are the secret ingredient in this casserole that not only adds flavor but also shortens the prep time. Simply layer hash browns and chicken and top with our Cream of Chicken soup combined with sour cream and cheese. Let it bake until the fabulous flavor infuses the dish.
Chicken and potatoes are two amazing ingredients for casserole and this homemade baked chicken and potato casserole was a smash hit with the family. Everyone loved and enjoyed the dish!
There is nothing not to love about this delicious comfort food recipe—chicken, potato, heavy cream and topped with tons of cheddar cheese and bacon.
Best baked chicken and potato casserole recipes
HOW TO MAKE CASSEROLE?
Making casserole is very easy as the method is very straight forward. Once you understand the cooking process, you can mix and match different ingredients. Here are the tips and basic steps:
Add all the ingredients, for examples: chicken and potatoes into an oven-safe casserole pan.
Add the heavy cream, cheese, bacon, stir and mix well.
You don’t need a whole lot of seasonings but salt, pepper and a little bit of sugar.
Bake in the oven until all the ingredients are cooked through and the cheesy top turns to golden perfection.
The top of the casserole is slightly crusty with the cheese but beneath the surface, the chicken and potatoes should be moist, juicy and creamy.
MORE CHICKEN AND POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPES READERS LOVE!
chicken and potato casserole
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 medium-sized potatoes peeled and cut into pieces
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 slices Canadian bacon cut into pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Lightly grease a 9" x 9" baking pan with some oil or butter.
- Add the salt, garlic powder and pepper to the heavy whipping cream. Lightly stir to combine well.
- Spread the potatoes, follow by the chicken, in one single layer. Sprinkle the bacon, butter, and then top with half of the cheddar cheese and the scallions. Pour the heavy cream over top of casserole. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover the pan and bake for another 20 minutes. In the last 10 minutes, sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese and bake until the cheese is slightly crusty. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.