This dry rub chicken wing recipe has lots of spicy, sweet seasoning that makes these very memorable wings!
It’s really easy to cook chicken wings in the oven. For this recipe, I wanted to try a dry rub spice on the wings instead of the regular hot sauce.
Making oven baked dry rub chicken wings
For a milder spice, use less cayenne or use more if you like it hotter. Feel free to adjust the spicy chicken wings blend to suit your own taste.
How To Make Dry Rub Chicken Wings
For this recipe, I use bagged, frozen (and thawed) wing that have been rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel. I drizzle the naked wings with a little vegetable oil before I smother them with my seasoning blend.
dry rub chicken wings recipes
For the rub, I combine a heap of spices like paprika, chili powder, onion powder, cumin, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and brown sugar.
You have to have brown sugar! For one thing, it will balance out the heat from the spices, but also the sugar will caramelize the rub to give you the perfect wing coating!Dry Rub Chicken Wings In The Oven
Place the wing on a foil-lined baking sheet and place a baking rack over top of the foil. Spray your baking rack an arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer. The baking rack will allow the chicken to cook all over and the foil will catch any spills or drips. The wings will take about 45 minutes total to bake.
Dry Rub Wing Tips and Tricks
Make sure your wings have thawed completely and that you pat them dry. This will prevent a wet wing, the seasoning will stick to the skin much better if the wings are dry, to begin with.
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
dry rub chicken wings
- 8 frozen thawed chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and baking rack over top.
- In a small bowl, combine the dried seasoning; stir.
- Rinse and pat chicken pieces dry. Place the wings in a large bowl and drizzle with oil, tossing each piece so that they all get coated.
- Sprinkle rub over chicken and rub the seasoning into each piece. Arrange wings on the prepared baking sheet. Bake wings for 30 minutes, turn and bake an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Serve with celery and blue cheese dressing if desired.