This Potato Casserole has all your favorite flavors from a twice baked potato but in a delicious casserole form!
Serve this yummy meal with dry rub chicken wings or sweet and sour shrimp for a great meal!
Loaded Twice Baked Potato Casserole – Tender potatoes mixed with cheese, sour cream, bacon, and green onions for the ultimate in LOADED baked potatoes!! AMAZING comfort food that’s irresistible!!
How To Make The Twice Baked Potato Casserole !
Start by baking two pounds worth of Russet or baking potatoes , scoop out the flesh, discard the skins, and mix the flesh with all kinds of goodness.sour cream, cheese, bacon and green onions.
Transfer the potato mixture to a baking or casserole dish, Top with reserved shredded cheese and bacon, and bake until the cheese layer on top is as melted and browned as desired.
MORE POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPES READERS LOVE!
diced potatoes – delicious classic side dish!
honey garlic chicken wings – Reader favorite recipe
Twice Baked Potatoes – Favorite recipe!
garlic parmesan chicken – the classically delicious version
Chicken Cordon Bleu – easy favorite!
Vegetable Beef Soup – light & flavorful
Chicken Nachos – The perfect recipe
Stuffed Zucchini Boats – packed with flavor, texture & color!
twice baked potato casserole
- 6 medium potatoes scrubbed and dried
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 3/4 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp green onions sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub potatoes with olive oil and salt and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork, flipping halfway through. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl. Its perfectly acceptable for the potato pieces to slightly fall apart.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Set aside 1/3 cup cheese, 3 tbsp bacon, 2 tbsp sliced green onions for the top of the casserole. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into a greased deep dish 9x9 baking dish or a 9x13 baking dish. Top with reserved shredded cheese and bacon.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes, removing foil for the last 10 minutes.
8 thoughts on “twice baked potato casserole”
This looks like it would be great fun to eat – a bite of this, a bite of that … all beautiful and I bet it is delicious! Love the crunchy additions – perfect!