Asian chicken salad recipes – It’s all about eating whole foods that pack a nutritious punch and flavor. One tasty way to do so is making an irresistibly Asian chicken salad.
HOW TO MAKE ASIAN CHICKEN SALAD
This salad starts with a base of shredded green cabbage, purple cabbage and green onions. Cooked chicken and almonds are added to the mix, and everything gets tossed in a savory Asian ginger dressing. The finishing touch is a generous of lemon and chopped cilantro.
Asian Chicken Salad with mandarin lemon, purple cabbage, almonds, marinated chicken and an easy homemade dressing.
MORE SALAD RECIPES READERS LOVE!
mushroom fried rice – Classic perfection
tofu lettuce wraps – the classically delicious version
eggplant with minced pork –super easy!
chicken bean soup – Easy and delicious!
twice baked potato casserole – Favorite recipe!
asian chicken salad
- 4 cups green cabbage shredded
- 1 cup purple cabbage shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted
- For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely grated
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Whisk together the soy sauce, chopped ginger, vegetable oil, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, and salt.
- Place the green cabbage, purple cabbage, lemon,green onions and almonds in a bowl.
- Grill the chicken on medium high heat, cooking for 3-5 minutes on each side, flipping once.
- Remove to a cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice the chicken and add to the salad.
- For the dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl; whisk until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture. Toss to coat evenly.
- Garnish with sliced chopped cilantro, then serve immediately.