tofu lettuce wraps
These lettuce wraps are loaded up with yummy veggies, crispy tofu. Try them for a quick and easy vegan dinner. The leftovers can be tossed together to make a tofu salad or snack on the tofu with your favourite peanut sauce.
How to Make Veggie Lettuce Wraps!
It’s easy to make veggie lettuce wraps. Begin by heating oil in a skillet. Add a block of drained and pressed tofu and cook over medium high heat. Use a spatula to break the tofu into crumbly bits. Cook until the tofu is browned, around 10 minutes.
Stir in sauce, and some vinegar. and then reduce the heat to medium and add minced garlic, green onions, and chopped red pepper. Cook until the peppers are tender.
Scoop a spoonful or two of the veggie tofu filling into butter leaf .
Tofu Lettuce Wraps – These wraps are incredibly hearty, filling, carbless and healthy. And it takes just 20 min to make!
Easy tofu lettuce wraps recipes
MORE TOFU LETTUCE WRAPS RECIPES READERS LOVE!
tofu with vegetables – Easy favorite!
bacon wrapped scallops – Quick family favorite.
chicken ramen noodles – fresh, easy & delicious
tofu lettuce wraps
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 12-ounce package firm tofu
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, rice vinegar ; set aside.
- Roughly chop the block of tofu into small, irregular shapes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add tofu and sear until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side. then stir and let cook until golden brown on bottom again. Repeat this process until most of the tofu is golden and crispy on the edges (about 10 minutes total).
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and half of the green onions and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more.
- Stir in soy sauce mixture and stir to coat, cook until sauce has reduced slightly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon tofu onto lettuce wrap, sprinkle with green onions.