Easy chinese fried rice made with fragrant jasmine rice, carrots, celery, and scrambled eggs. This easy stir-fried dish turns plain white rice into flavorful grains lightly seasoned with soy sauce and tossed with colorful vegetables.
Homemade Fried Rice is the perfect meal on it’s own or accompaniment to any Asian inspired meal! Fresh veggies, rice and lean protein seasoned with our favorite flavors.
Fried rice is now a staple in our menu since it’s easy to make and loaded with veggies and protein.
How to make Fried Rice
Preheat Skillet. Turn your skillet to medium high heat and pour sesame oil into the bottom of your skillet and add the onion, celery and carrots. Fry this until they are tender.
Slide the veggies to the side. Pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Use a spatula to scramble the eggs. Mix them together with the veggies.
Add the rice. Combine it with the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top and stir until it is heated throughout. Garnish with green onions.
MORE RICE RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Chicken Marinade recipes – The perfect recipe
Chicken Stir Fry – perfect for sharing!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps – cheesy and delicious
Hunan Chicken – so easy!
teriyaki chicken wings – Favorite recipe!
minestrone soup – Comforting and delicious!
garlic mushrooms – set it and forget it!
Easy fried rice
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger chopped
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1 cup carrots
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour in whisked eggs, allow to sit for about 30 seconds, then gradually stir to create small scrambled egg pieces, transfer to a plate and reserve, then and add back to the end of cooking right before serving.
- Heat oil in a wok or nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add in garlic, ginger and the white portion of the green onions. Cook until fragrant.
- Add carrots & celery,, cook until heated and softened.
- Add rice continue to cook until rice slightly crisped and brown. Don’t stir too much, you do want to get a little bit of caramelization.
- Add in cooked egg, soy sauce .
- Garnish with remaining green onion if desired.