easy donut recipes
donuts are light, fluffy, and truly the best homemade donuts I’ve ever made.
They’re made with whole milk, eggs, and butter. So if you or someone in your family has a dairy allergy, just be careful!
Best donut recipes
Donuts can also be made with honey, and the top can be decorated with sesame seeds.
MORE EASY DONUT RECIPES RECIPES READERS LOVE!
garlic mushrooms – fresh, easy & delicious
spiced banana bread – the classically delicious version
breakfast casserole – packed with flavor
baguette bread – Easy to make!
easy donut recipes
- 1 cup whole milk warm
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (one packagInstant Or Active Dry Yeast
- 2 whole large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cups unsalted butter 8 tablespoons, melted
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, stir together 2 cups of the flour, the yeast, sugar, and salt. Add the warm milk, egg yolks. Mix until smooth. Add the remaining flour and the butter and mix until incorporated. Continue to mix on medium speed until the dough is soft and smooth (it will be slightly sticky). Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set in a draft-free place to rise for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut with a floured donut cutter or a 3- to 3-1/2-inch biscuit cutter (for the latter, you’ll also need a 1-1/2-inch biscuit cutter to form the donut holes).
- Place the donuts and donut holes at least 1 inch apart on the baking sheets and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Set in a warm place to rise a second time until they are puffy and nearly double in size, about 15 to 30 minutes.
- Prep your oven and baking dish. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Baking time will be 20 mins or until the desired degree of brownness has been achieved.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven.