This banana bread is super moist, and bursting with the spices , cinnamon, nutmeg & cloves.
This delicious, moist and fluffy banana bread is so easy to make and even easier to eat! With the addition of my favorite spices, it’s the perfect breakfast treat to warm you up on a chilly morning!
This moist, dense banana bread is a deep golden brown, with mild-to-medium banana flavor and a light touch of spice.
MORE BREAD RECIPES READERS LOVE!
baguette bread – Simply classic.
Scottish Morning Rolls – light, fluffy and delicious!
Chocolate bread – Comforting and delicious!
spiced banana bread
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas from 2-3 bananas
- 1/2 cup sour creamsome extra texture
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time, incorporating well after each addition. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cardamom, cinnamon and salt. Add to the butter mixture and beat gently until just combined. Add bananas, sour cream and vanilla and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake until deep golden brown , Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. then turn out onto rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting: whisk powdered sugar, and 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, pour it all over the top of the bread.