Easy Soft buttery crescent rolls made from scratch, ready in about 1 hour.
making this recipe I decided it was the perfect one to bring here and share with all of you. It was delicious, easy and ready in a little over an hour.
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
buttery crescent rolls
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 egg
- extra melted butter for brushing on top
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine Mix in the butter, sugar,milk, and salt. and yeast mixtures. Stir in 1 egg. Beat in flour 1 cup at a time until dough pulls together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat. Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Deflate the dough, and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into two equal pieces, and form into rounds. Cover, and let rest 10 minutes.
- Using a floured rolling pin, roll each dough half into a 12 inch circle. Cut each circle into 6 wedges. Roll each wedge up towards the point. and place point side down on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover, and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- and bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the rolls are lightly golden brown on top and cooked through.Remove the baking dish from the oven, and brush the tops of the rolls with butter.
- Serve warm. And enjoy!