white bread recipes
The Best Homemade White Bread. Nothing says home baked comfort food goodness like a perfectly baked crusty loaf of homemade bread, fresh from the oven.
When making the dough for fermentation, gradually add the remaining flour to the mixture.
IF YOU LIKE THIS BREAD RECIPE, TRY THESE:
white bread recipes
- 6 cups all purpose or bread flour
- 1 pkg 5 grams traditional active dry yeast
- 2 tsp fine salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 cups lukewarm whole milk
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- Dissolve 1 tbsp of the sugar in the half cup of lukewarm water. Sprinkle the yeast over the surface of the water and let stand for about 15 minutes until the yeast foams well.
- Combine 3 cups of the flour along with 2 tbsp sugar and salt in a large bowl or in the bowl of a large electric mixer that uses a dough hook.
- Add the prepared yeast, melted butter and warm milk.an electric mixer, switch to the dough hook at this point and begin to slowly incorporate the remaining 3 1/2 cups of flour. If not using an electric mixer keep mixing in the flour gradually until a soft dough forms that leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Turn the dough out onto the counter top or bread board to knead.Knead the dough for an additional 10 minutes either in the electric mixer or using your hands on a bread board or counter top.Cover dough and leave to rest and rise for one hour. Allow to rise until doubled.
- Punch the dough down and knead it for a few minutes by hand before letting it rest for another 10 minutes.
- Position an oven rack on the lowest setting and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush the loaves with some of the melted butter. Bake the loaves for 30 to 35 minutes, rotating halfway through, until golden brown (an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 195 degrees F).
- Remove from the oven and immediately brush with more of the melted butter. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the pans and cool completely before slicing.