This soft scottish morning rolls are perfect served warm with a cup of coffee or tea. They are also called as floury rolls.
scottish morning rolls dough
This is a easy rolls which is called as morning rolls. It is super easy to make and can be had any time of the day. These are soft textured rolls which taste great. They are dusted with some flour on top which gives a rustic look to the rolls. You can enjoy this.
Scottish Morning Rolls bread recipes
Scottish Morning Rolls , The rolls are so easy to make. The dough should be very soft, almost sticky. Knead it, lightly, on a lightly floured surface, about 4 minutes, then leave in a warm place until doubled in size. Knock back and divide into ten equal pieces, roll each into a circle about 4” and leave to double in size. Just before you pop them into the oven, press each roll lightly with the three middle fingers to spread the air bubbles and prevent blistering. Make sure you do this otherwise the rolls will be blistered all over the surface.
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
Scottish Morning Rolls
- 450 g 1Ib; 16oall-purpose flour (31/2 American cups, 3 Australian cups
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Fleishmann’s instant yeast or other instant yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 160 ml (2/3 cuwarm milk
- 160 ml (2/3 cuwarm water
- 2 tablespoons milk extra to brush the rolls
- 1 tablespoon flour extra to dust the rolls
- Sift the flour, yeast and salt into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Mix the milk with the water and pour into the well. Mix into a soft, almost sticky dough. (You may need to add 1-2 more tablespoons liquid depending on the flour you use).
- Lightly knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 4 minutes.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a lightly oiled cling film (clear plastiand leave in a warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled.
- Knock back the dough on a lightly floured surface and divide into 10 equal pieces, knead each piece lightly and roll or pat into a flat round about 3½-4 inches. (the dough weighs about 798g/1.76 pound)
- Place on the prepared baking sheet, spaced well apart, and cover with oiled clear film or transparent plastic. Leave to rise in a warm place, for about 30-40 minutes.Meanwhile preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Just before baking, press each roll lightly with the three middle fingers to equalize air bubbles and to prevent blistering then brush with milk and dust lightly with flour.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven, dust with more flour and cool slightly on wire rack.
- Serve warm.