Authentic French Bread is very simple, containing only flour, sea salt, yeast and water.
french baguette recipe
can a electric mixer,Add all ingredients except of the flour to the bowl. Using the dough hook on your electric
mixer, mix together well and allow to run on low speed for about 10 minutes. The dough will be loose and sticky but
don’t worry about that, just allow it to rise in a warm spot for a couple of hours or more before turning it out
into a bread board and kneading.
sheet and score the tops of them with a sharp serrated knife before letting them rise for another hour and a half
until about tripled in size.
Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until the baguette is a deep golden color and quite hard when tapped with a knuckle.
Let rest for 15 to 20 minutes if serving warm.
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Place the yeast, warm water in a large bowl and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the salt and the flour. Use a wooden spoon to stir the flour mixture into the yeast mixture; stir in the remaining flour mixture (dough will be stiff).
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface, Knead with floured hands until dough is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Add a little flour, 1 tablespoon at a time as necessary, to prevent dough from sticking.Place in an oiled bowl, turning once to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Gently punch dough down to deflate it and shape into two oblong baguettes. Dust tops lightly with flour and place on a lightly greased baking sheet; let rise uncovered for 30 minutes.Use a serrated knife to cut 4 small diagonal slits across the tops of the baguettes, and lightly sprinkle with cool water.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.Transfer to a rack to cool.