Coconut Bread – Super Easy and tasty bread
This recipe for Coconut Bread is a lovely quick bread recipe with fantastic flavor and lovely texture. We love it for breakfast, but it also makes a wonderful afternoon snack or after-dinner treat.
easy desiccated coconut bread recipes
MORE COCONUT BREAD RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Servings: 9 coconut bread
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cups desiccated coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or coconut extract
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a hook attachment,
- combine the yeast and warm water. Stir it around and let sit for 5 minutes until the mixture is foamy. If the yeast doesn’t dissolve or foam, your yeast is dead.
- Start again with active yeast. Add flour, sugar, olive oil, and salt. Mix by hand or with the dough hook on low speed for 1 minute. Once all of the ingredients are mixed, slowly knead for 7 minutes by hand or with your dough hook on low-medium speed. If your dough is too wet, add up to 1/4 cup more flour. After kneading, your dough should be smooth and elastic. Poke it with your finger – if it slowly bounces back, your dough is ready to rise. If not, keep kneading.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in a large mixing bowl that has been greased lightly with olive oil. Turn it over to coat all sides. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm environment (about 75°F or 80°F/24°C or 27°C)* for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F ( 175°C).parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Once risen, punch the dough down to release the air. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Using a sharp knife, slice dough in half. Then slice each half into quarters. You’ll have 9 pieces of dough, Flatten each piece with your fingers or use a rolling pin. You want each piece of flattened dough to be about 6 inches long and 4 inches wide. Transfer dough to the baking sheets. let rise uncovered for 30 minutes.and lightly sprinkle with desiccated coconut .
- Bake the pockets for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Make sure to rotate the baking sheet once or twice during bake time. Remove pockets from the oven Transfer to a rack to cool.
Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 269mg | Potassium: 330mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 436IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 149mg | Iron: 3mg359
5 thoughts on “coconut bread”