Cinnamon Apple Bread Recipes
This easy Apple Bread is made with apples, applesauce, brown sugar, and warm spices. A flavorful breakfast or snack for chilly fall days.
This bread is so easy to make and the combination of the soft, chewy apples with a bit of crunch from the cinnamon sugar is absolutely heavenly. You’ll want to make this recipe over and over for as long as apples are in season!
HOW TO MAKE APPLE BREAD
This quick-bread recipe produces a moist and dense apple bread that is topped with a brown sugar-pecan streusel. Here’s what makes this recipe the best:
Apples: This recipe uses grated apples instead of chopped apples. The grated apples seemingly melt into the bread, adding apple flavor to every bite. Use your favorite baking apples (sweet or tart).
Applesauce: This recipe gets a double dose of apple flavor from fresh apples and applesauce. Unsweetened applesauce adds just the right amount of moisture, sweetness and apple flavor to this recipe.
Spices: Cinnamon or apple pie spice are in the bread itself and the streusel topping. These warm spices are a delicious compliment to the apples and they give this bread its classic flavor.
Brown sugar: Brown sugar is the only sugar used in this recipe. It adds moisture and a nice depth of flavor along with its sweetness. Make sure your brown sugar is fresh and soft.
This easy apple bread tastes like fall! Chopped apples fill the batter baking the bread up tender and moist.
Why is my quick bread falling in the middle?
With this recipe, we we’ve never had a problem with the bread falling in the middle. If you do, however, here are some things to think about:
Underbaking. Make sure you’re letting the bread bake the full amount of time.
Open the oven only when it looks like the bread is done to test it. Air drafts can make bread fall.
Too much moisture. Sometimes too much moisture makes bread fall so if that happens, you can reduce the oil or milk by a tablespoon or two.
Make sure you bake your bread right away. After the batter is mixed, it needs to go in the oven quickly.
MORE BREAD RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Red Bean Bread Rolls – the classically delicious version
Orange Bread – packed with flavor
Swiss braided bread – Easy to make!
Iranian Persian bread – Easy favorite!
Chicken Marinade recipes – a holiday treat!
Sweet Potato Raisin Bread – Classic recipe!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup raisin
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon or apple pie spice
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled grated apple
- 2 teaspoons half and half or cream
- drop vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 10x5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, raisin, pecans ,applesauce, eggs and vanilla until well combined. Add the flour to the wet ingredients, and stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until the flour is almost completely mixed in. Stir in the grated apples until fully combined, being careful not to overmix. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean .
- Cool pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then carefully remove the bread from the pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely.