Mongolian Chicken – tender and juicy Chinese chicken stir-fry with scallions and brown sauce. This Mongolian Chicken recipe is so much better than takeout.
I think I may like this easy Mongolian chicken even better. and the sauce has the perfect balance of flavors.
This recipe is the epitome of Chinese stir fries; silky, tender, velvety and juicy pieces of chicken marinated and coated with corn starch, and stir-fried with the delicious brown sauce.
HOW DO YOU MAKE MONGOLIAN CHICKEN?
This recipe starts with thin pieces of chicken breast. I recommend partially freezing your chicken breasts to make them easier to slice. You can cube your chicken if that’s easier.
The crispy chicken pieces are coated in which is a combination of soy sauce and brown sugar. This dish also gets its flavor from the garlic, ginger and green onions that are added in during the cooking process.
This is a quick and delicious Mongolian chicken recipe that’s both sweet and savory. A healthier alternative to the classic Mongolian beef preparation with ingredients that pack a punch!
Best Mongolian Chicken recipes
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES READERS LOVE!
teriyaki chicken – Favorite recipe!
garlic mushrooms – – perfect for garden carrots
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp – Classic perfection
shrimp lo mein – the classically delicious version
minestrone soup – light & flavorful
breakfast casserole – shortcut version
- 10 oz. boneless and skinless chicken breast cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or Shaoxing rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoon oils
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch piece ginger peeled and sliced
- 3 stalks scallions cut into 2-inch strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons brown suga
- Marinate the chicken with soy sauce, rice wine , corn starch. Stir to mix well. In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the Sauce together. Stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet or wok on high heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon oil and add the chicken. Toss and stir fry until the surface turns white but not completely cooked. Dish out and set aside. Clean up the skillet or wok with paper towels, and add the remaining 1 tablespoon cooking oil. When the oil is heated, add the garlic and ginger, stir fry until aromatic. Add the chicken and do a few quick stirs before adding the Sauce. Stir continuously until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through. Add the scallions, stir to combine well.