Cozy corn chowder, made with tender potatoes, bacon and sweet corn! Perfect as a weeknight meal!
Creamy Corn Chowder is easy to make on your stove-top or instant pot! This flavorful and cozy chowder recipe is filling, comforting, and easy to make!
HOW TO MAKE BEST CREAMY CORN CHOWDER :
Start by washing your potatoes well. Pat them dry, then cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
Then, melt your butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add your onions and garlic, cook stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes until the onion is soft.
Now, add the potatoes, corn, carrot and celery to the pot.
Add salt and pepper to taste, as well as the celery salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper.
add the chickn broth, cream and milk , Give the soup a good stir and simmer over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes just until potatoes are fork tender. top with shredded bacon.
Easy creamy corn chowder recipes
Corn Chowder is creamy, comforting and full of flavor! Made with an abundance of fresh sweet corn, tender potatoes, flavorful hearty bacon, carrot with parsley.
MORE CREAMY CORN CHOWDER RECIPE READERS LOVE!
Twice Baked Potatoes – the classically delicious version
Bacon Wrapped Smokies – Classic perfection
braised pork belly – quick and creamy
Ham and Potato Soup – Easy and delicious!
sweet and sour shrimp – easy favorite!
diced potatoes – Super quick!
Mongolian Chicken – reader favorite
creamy corn chowder recipe
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups corn kernels from 3-4 ears corn
- 4 oz 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup large onion finely diced
- 1 large carrot cut into 1/4" dice
- 1/2 cup stalks celery finely diced
- 1 lb potatoes 3 medium peeled and cut into 1/4" thick pieces
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 Tbsp parsley chopped to garnish
- Slice corn kernels off the cob and set aside. Take each ear of corn and hold it over a bowl. Use either the back of your knife or a spoon and scrape any remaining pulp and juice from the cobs.
- Cook bacon pieces in large heavy bottomed pot over med heat. Cook about 5-8 minutes, or until bacon is crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- In a large soup pot, melt your butter in a large pot over medium-high heat, saute onions , until slightly browned.
- Add the cubed potatoes, corn, carrot and chicken broth to mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Pour the cream with milk mixture into the soup while stirring constantly.
- Stir in salt, pepper, Heat mixture thoroughly, but do not boil.
- top with parsley and bacon, Serve immediately .