seared chicken strips are mixed through a super creamy pasta, cooked in the one pot with white wine(If needed), garlic, mushrooms and parmesan cheese!
How to make Creamy Mushroom Pasta !
Begin by bringing a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add in the pasta and continue to boil rapidly until the pasta is cooked al dente.
Strain the pasta into a large colander and run under cold water until completely cold.
Meanwhile heat a large sauté pan with a little oil and add in the diced chicken and cook gently until the chicken is sealed all over.
Next add in the garlic and continue to cook for a minute or two.
Then add the onions & mushrooms and continue to cook until the vegetables have softened. Add the white wine at this stage and allow it to bubble up.
Season lightly, add in the heavy cream and allow the mixture to come to the boil. Simmer gently for 4-5 minutes, ensuring the chicken is fully cooked. Then add in the pasta and mix well until combined.
Serve immediately with some garlic bread.
Chicken Mushroom Pasta is an easy weeknight meal that is ready in less than 30 minutes! A delicious, super creamy white wine based sauce loaded with mushrooms and tender, perfectly seared chicken.
MORE CREAMY MUSHROOM CHICKEN PASTA chicken pasta RECIPES READERS LOVE!
creamy corn chowder recipe – Super quick!
mushroom fried rice – Classic perfection
cashew chicken recipes – the classically delicious version
baked macaroni and cheese super easy!
twice cooked pork belly – Favorite recipe!
chicken and mushroom stir fry recipes – packed with flavor
creamy mushroom chicken pasta
- 2-3 boneless chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh or frozen parsley
- Cook pasta per instructions, al dente. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for chicken seasoning in a small bowl.
- In a large skillet, over high heat, heat oil. Once hot, add chicken and sear 2 minutes per side, until crispy. Turn down heat to low, cover skillet and cook another 5 minutes. The chicken will become tender.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm. Once chicken cools a bit, slice into thin strands or cube.
- In the same skillet, over med/high heat, sauté sliced mushroom with 1 Tbsp butter, lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic, 3 Tbsp butter and sliced chicken to mushrooms, cook for another minute.
- Add broth, heavy whipping cream, parmesan cheese, hot sauce and seasonings for the cream. Stir until well incorporated and cook over medium heat until sauce thickens, continue stirring as needed.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet, mix and bring to a simmer, cook another minute.
- Serve immediately.