Making a Baked Sweet Potato in the oven is so easy and comes out perfectly sweet and fluffy on the inside with this foolproof recipe.
Serve this easy recipe with Baked Chicken Legs and chicken pad thai for the perfect meal!
How to Bake Sweet Potatoes:
Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Use a fork to poke holes into the sweet potatoes, and set them on the baking sheet.
Roast for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the skin has puffed up and you can easily pierce them with a fork.
In order to get delectable, puffed up crispy skin and caramelization on the outside of each baked potato, place them onto the baking sheet bare!
is quite possibly the most delicious and nutritious veggie ever! A delicately sweet taste and fluffy interior make these oven baked sweet potatoes the perfect side dish for your next meal!
MORE SWEET POTATO RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Crispy Potatoes roast – Classic perfection
sweet potato salad – delicious classic side dish!
Cheesy Potato Soup – Easy and delicious!
oven baked chicken wings – easy favorite!
Baked Chicken Legs – Reader favorite recipe
Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil – packed with flavor, texture & color!
baked sweet potato
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Poke 4-5 holes in each sweet potato with a fork or sharp knife.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for approximately 50 minutes, or until soft.
- Let cool, then split the tops open with a knife. Season with butter, salt and pepper and add your favorite toppings.
5 thoughts on “baked sweet potato”
These look wonderful! I can’t wait to make it.