Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
easy bacon wrapped shrimp recipes
Bacon Shrimp is an easy appetizer perfect for New Year’s Eve, game day, Christmas, or any other holiday. What could be better than shrimp wrapped in bacon?! This simple shrimp appetizer has a bit of a sweet and spicy mix for the best flavor. You’re going to love this bacon wrapped shrimp recipe!
Par-Cook the Bacon First!
Some recipes call for wrapping the shrimp with raw bacon. Sure, that’s easy to do, but I find that only the surface gets cooked and lacks the crispy texture.
The bacon roasts until it begins to turn slightly red in color while still flexible. This may take longer if you use thick cut bacon. Do not cook until fully crispy, just enough to render some of the fat and partially cook. Keeping the flexibility is very important for wrapping the pork around the shrimp.
Wrap the Shrimp
Within 15-minutes, the shrimp has had ample time to marinate and tenderize, which will infuse more flavor from start to finish. Once the bacon is cool enough to handle, wrap each piece along the length of the shrimp, and secure it with a toothpick so it doesn’t unravel.
toothpick soaked in water for 30 minutes !
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Step 1: Bake 1/2 strips of bacon on an oven safe rack set in a baking sheet at 425˚F for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on bacon thickness.
Step 2: Toss tail-on, peeled and deveined shrimp in olive oil, salt and pepper.
Step 3: Wrap each shrimp in bacon, securing with a toothpick and return to oven safe rack.
Step 4: Bake 10 minutes until shrimp and bacon are juicy and cooked through. Serve.
Grilled bacon wrapped shrimp is a surf and turf appetizer that you will want to make a double batch of! Pair with your favorite dipping sauces or serve alone. They are good enough they don’t need sauce, but the sauce does add some flavorful elements to the shrimp.
MORE SHRIMP RECIPES READERS LOVE!
chili shrimp recipes – super easy
shrimp skewers recipes – so delicious!
Baked Chicken Legs – easy and juicy as can be
baked eggplant recipes – grilled to tender perfection!
slow cooker creamed corn – comfort food
sesame noodles – so easy & flavorful
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 8 slices bacon halved crosswise
- 16 large shrimp peeled except for the tail and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt or 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Arrange bacon slices, leaving space around each, on oven safe rack placed inside a baking sheet. Bake 5 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness of your bacon. It should still be pliable when you remove it from the oven.
- Meanwhile, place shrimp in a medium bowl. Add olive oil, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- When partially cooked bacon slices are cool enough to handle (about 5 minutes after you remove from oven), wrap each strip around one shrimp, securing with a toothpick; return to oven safe rack. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Bake 10 minutes more until shrimp are pink and bacon is cooked through. Serve.