enjoy green beans–in a chilled green bean salad! The delicious flavors of these balsamic green beans made with black olives, scallions, and eggs complement any meal.
How to make egg and green bean salad!
Place green beans in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then cover and cook until tender-crisp, about 5-6 minutes. then Cool in an ice bath, then drain.
In a large bowl, combine balsamic, oil, salt, and pepper. Toss in the green beans, scallions, and olives.
Mix well and top with sliced eggs.
gently toss with the dressing. Add extra salt & pepper if desired.
This potato and green bean salad is a light, fresh, and healthy vegetarian summer side dish that!
MORE GREEN BEAN AND EGG SALAD RECIPES READERS LOVE!
creamy shrimp salad – Comforting and delicious!
sauteed spinach recipe – set it and forget it!
chickpea egg salad – so easy.
tofu stir fry recipe – My personal favorite!!
summer tomato salad – The perfect summer recipe
green bean egg salad
- large pot
- large pot
- 4 cups string beans ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup ounce can slice black olives drained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh black pepper to taste
- 3 hard-boiled eggs peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium scallions chopped
- Place green beans in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then cover and cook until tender-crisp, about 5-6 minutes. then Cool in an ice bath, then drain.
- While the green beans are cooking, steam the eggs: Fill a bowl with cool water and ice cubes. Place the eggs in a steamer basket set over a few inches of boiling water; cover and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the eggs directly to the ice-water bath for a few minutes. Remove one egg, tap its rounded edge on your countertop to crack the shell, peel off the shell from that end, then return it to the water. Repeat with the remaining eggs, and let them sit for a few minutes in the ice-water bath.
- Gently tap each egg all over on your countertop to crack the remaining shell, peel them, Cut each egg in half.
- In a large bowl, combine balsamic, oil, salt, and pepper. Toss in the green beans, scallions, and olives.
- Mix well and top with sliced eggs.
- gently toss with the dressing. Add extra salt & pepper if desired.