Here is how to make a perfectly poached egg, every time! With creamy yolks and firm whites, poached eggs are a breakfast on their own.
How to poach an egg in water!
I prefer to cook each egg one at a time to best monitor its doneness, but you can certainly do more.
The process only takes 5 to 8 minutes, so it’s pretty quick. When you first add the egg into the water, it will look like a wispy white ghost. Just give it a few minutes and you’ll see the whites tighten up.
What is a Poached Egg?
Poached eggs are made by cracking an egg and gently cooking, with yolk intact, in simmering water (instead of frying in oil).
Poaching eggs couldn’t be easier. It’s also a great low-calorie way to prepare eggs—you don’t need to use added fat to cook them, as you would with scrambled or fried eggs.
MORE RECIPES READERS LOVE!
cauliflower soup recipe – Easy favorite!
shrimp boil – Easy to make!
Pork Fried Rice – packed with flavor
Spam fried rice – fresh, easy & delicious
pork with potatoes recipes – Family favorite recipe!
easy poached eggs
- 2 or more fresh eggs
- Heat the water: Fill a saucepan with several inches of water. Heat the water on high until it reaches a boil and then lower the heat until the water is at a bare simmer (just a few bubbles coming up now and then).
- Crack egg into a small bowl and gently slip it into the water: Working with the eggs one at a time, crack the egg into a small bowl or cup. Place the bowl close to the surface of the hot water and gently slip the egg into the water.
- gently lower raw egg into the surface of the hot simmering water make poached eggs by putting raw egg into hot water.
- Cook until the white is set, about 5 to 8 minutes, depending on the size of the egg and desired doneness.
- Remove eggs with slotted spoon: Gently lift the poached eggs out of the pan with a slotted s.
5 thoughts on “easy poached eggs”