Bacon Mushroom Pasta
This Bacon Mushroom Pasta is a perfect date night at home meal, or even just an average weeknight! It is also deceptively fast and easy to make, coming together in under 30 minutes. Savory bacon and mushrooms . all tossed together with pasta will have you coming back for seconds!
HOW TO CLEAN MUSHROOMS
To prepare the mushrooms for this pasta, you will need to clean any dirt or grime off the mushrooms. To clean the mushrooms, wet a paper towel and wipe the tops and sides of the mushrooms. You will also want to cut off the bottom tip of the stem which is usually hard and yellowish in color. I like to slice the mushrooms for this dish in thick slices which means cutting the mushrooms vertically in quarters for large mushrooms and in thirds for smaller mushrooms.
Best ever Bacon Mushroom Pasta
I cut my mushrooms into thick slices because I find them easier to eat that way, but you can leave your mushrooms whole if you prefer. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Mushroom and pasta work great together. And when you load Mushroom pasta with bacon, loads of garlic,, it just gets better.
This mushroom pasta is a satisfying comfort food that combines creamy pasta with crispy bacon and golden brown mushrooms. This delicious pasta will quickly become one of your favorite quick and easy dinners.
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
Bacon Mushroom Pasta
- 8 ounces linguine can also use fettuccine or spaghetti
- 2 slices thick cut bacon diced
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions Before draining, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside. If pasta finishes before sauce, toss in a little olive oil to keep it from sticking.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and saute until they have released all of their water and the pan is dry. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
- Add the bacon to the pan and allow to render its fat and start to become crisp. Remove bacon from pan but leave the fat.
- Add the sliced garlic .
- Add the mushrooms back to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Allow the wine to cook and reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the half and half, stir and allow sauce to start to thicken.
- Add the bacon back to the sauce, then add the Parmesan cheese, stir to combine and allow cheese to melt into sauce.
- Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Combine the pasta with the sauce. If sauce is too thick, slowly add a little bit of the pasta water and toss to combine until sauce is desired consistency ( I usually only use up to 1/4 cup of the pasta water).