Easy Homemade Vegetable Soup
Fresh veggies, an assortment of spices, garlic, and chicken broth come together to create a soup that is nutrient dense and satisfyingly filling.
It only requires one large pot and is so easy to make. Sautée the garlic, celery and onion first, then add all the remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
How To Make The Best Vegetable Soup
Making vegetable soup is simple, and it all happens in one pot! Here’s an overview of how to make it .
Heat the oil in a large pot and sautée the garlic, celery and onion over medium-high heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Add all the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer, partially covered, until the potatoes and carrots are tender. (about 20 minutes).
This hearty vegetable soup recipe is healthy, easy to make, and tastes fantastic.
what ingredients do you need to make vegetable soup?
Extra virgin olive oil –any type of oil is okay. I always use extra virgin oils when possible because they’re healthier.
Garlic – Fresh garlic works best.
Onion – I used fresh onion.
Potatoes – Any type of potatoes will do.
Corn kernels – I usually buy frozen corn kernels.
Green beans – but fresh green beans are great.
Vegetable stock or water – I love vegetable stock because it enhances the flavor of any dish. However, water is okay too.
Salt –Any type of salt is okay,.
Ground black pepper – Fresh ground black pepper tastes best.
easy vegetable soup recipes
MORE SOUP RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Cabbage Soup – super easy
minestrone soup – so easy & flavorful
garlic shrimp pasta – so delicious!
bacon wrapped chicken – succulent & juicy every time!
Vegetable Soup with Noodles – super easy
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 2 cups peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 cups chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 12 oz cans low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 8 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 3 cups peeled and 1/2-inch thick diced potatoes
- 2 Tbspp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped frozen or fresh green beans
- 1 1/4 cups frozen or fresh corn
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery and saute 3 minutes then add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
- Add in tomatoes, potatoes, parsley, corn, thyme and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- add the chicken broth or vegetable soup spice blend. Bring to a boil, then add green beans.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until potatoes are almst fully tender, about 20 - 25 minutes. Serve warm.