One of my favorite ways to prepare clams is with a simple steamed method. The process is a quick one, making this recipe perfect for warm weather entertaining.
Serve this yummy meal with egg fried rice or Cinnamon Muffins for a great meal!
Tips for Steamer Clams !
We melt the butter, infuse it with garlic, add some white wine. and then steam the clams in the fragrant and tasty liquid.
1. Pick a white wine that you’ll also want to drink. You’ll have a good amount of the bottle left, so choose a wine you like sipping on.
2. Soak your clams. If your clams are looking a little dirty, soak them in cold water for 20 minutes to filter out the sand or grit. Then, scrub the outsides to remove any dirt. Lastly, throw away any that don’t open after you’re done cooking, as they most likely were not alive.
How To Pick Fresh Clams!
It’s important to use fresh, live clams for the best steamed clam recipe.
To make sure the clams are alive, give them a sniff (it should have a fresh, clean sea scent). Also, the shells should be tightly closed.
If the shell is slightly open, give it a quick tap – the shell should quickly close. If it doesn’t close, discard the clam.
Easy Steamer Clams recipes
MORE STEAMER CLAMS RECIPES READERS LOVE!
garlic shrimp – Reader favorite recipe
garlic butter shrimp – Easy and delicious!
Vegetable Soup – light & flavorful
Mongolian Chicken – Classic perfection
Fried broccoli – Super quick!
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 dozen little neck clams rinsed and scrubbed
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet , melt 2-1/2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant .
- Add wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- Add clams and remaining butter. Cover and steam until clams have opened, and cook for about 7-8 minutes. Occasionally shake skillet while steaming.
- Discard any clams that do not open. Sprinkle evenly with parsley and garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
1 thought on “Steamer Clams”