vegetable cabbage soup recipes
This healthy cabbage soup is a mix of carrots, celery, bell peppers, cabbage and green beans, all simmered together in a savory broth. A quick and easy low calorie meal that’s full of flavor!
Cabbage Soup is one of our favorite recipes all year long!
It’s vibrant, healthy and totally delicious. This easy cabbage soup recipe has loads of fresh vegetables and of course cabbage all simmered in a delicious broth!
There’s nothing better than a hearty soup loaded with veggies, and this cabbage soup is always a great bet. It’s low in calories yet packed with nutrition and is ready in less than 30 minutes. Cabbage soup is the perfect light lunch or dinner for when you’re trying to follow a healthy diet.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CABBAGE SOUP?
This soup starts with carrots, onion, celery and garlic which are sauteed in a little olive oil. I really think the olive oil adds richness to the soup and is worth the calories. That being said, if you’re looking to make this soup as low calorie as possible, you can skip the olive oil and simply simmer everything in the broth.
green bell peppers, cabbage and green beans go into the pot and everything simmers until tender. Add a sprinkle of parsley and you’ll be ready to eat.
What goes in Cabbage Soup?
There are many cabbage soup recipes and several versions of the cabbage soup diet recipe. They all contain a combination of vegetables and sometimes vegetable juice or even packaged onion soup mix.
While you can use your favorite combinations, there are a few essentials you’ll need to make this slow cooker soup recipe; cabbage, vegetables, broth and seasonings/spices.
MORE CABBAGE SOUP RECIPES READERS LOVE!
chicken bean soup recipes – the classically delicious version
honey garlic chicken – Favorite recipe!
pumpkin sausage soup – quick and creamy
garlic shrimp pasta – Favorite recipe!
vegetable pasta recipes – Easy and delicious!
Pumpkin Soup – light & flavorful
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 4 cups cabbage chopped approx. 1/4 head of cabbage
- 1 cup green beans chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1 whole bell peppers chopped
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup celery sliced
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pot and cook for 30 seconds. Add the red and green peppers, cabbage, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and chicken broth to the pot.
- cook for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the green beans and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.