Simple Yellow Sponge Cake is made with only a few ingredients that you probably have in your pantry. This cake is commonly used to make layered cakes.
foolproof recipe for a fluffy, delicious yellow cake that can be used for cakes and cupcakes | by Let the Baking Begin!
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
cotton soft sponge cake
- 4 egg
- 3 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Beat oil and sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat one egg at a time into the oil mixture; add lemon extract with last egg.whisk until it thickens to stiff peak stage.
- Sift together the flour, add vanilla and salt. Alternately mix in the flour mixture and the milk , starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Beat just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.