An easy recipe for delicious, tender-crisp steamed broccoli, dressed with a simple dressing of olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic.
Serve this easy recipe with egg fried rice and bacon wrapped scallops for the perfect meal!
Using superheated steam quickly cooks and changes the color to bright green. I find that it keeps the structure of the vegetable intact. The steamer basket keeps the broccoli elevated so the nutrients don’t leach into the water. This also helps with even cooking.
How to steam broccoli:
Start by placing broccoli florets in a steamer basket. Steam them until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, quickly prepare the dressing by whisking together the remaining ingredients.
Toss the cooked broccoli florets with the dressing and serve.
Easy steamed broccoli recipes
MORE STEAMED BROCCOLI RECIPES READERS LOVE!
chicken vegetable soup – super easy
broccoli potato soup – comfort food
Fried broccoli – super easy
Chicken Nachos – favorite comfort food
Ham and Potato Soup – fresh & flavorful!
How To Make Hash Browns – super easy
- 1 lb. fresh broccoli
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Prep the broccoli crowns and stems: Cut the crowns away from the large stems of the broccoli. Break the crown up into bite-sized florets.
- Bring steamer water to a boil: Place 3/4 to 1 inch of water in a saucepan with a steamer and bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli, steam 5 to 6 min: Add the broccoli to the steamer and cover; reduce heat to medium and let cook for 5-6 minutes. The broccoli is done when you can pierce it with a fork. As soon as it is pierce-able, remove from heat, place in serving dish.
- in a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper.
- Place the steamed broccoli in a bowl. Pour the dressing on top and gently mix.
1 thought on “steamed broccoli”