lemon green beans recipes
This is my favorite way to cook green beans! I lightly blanch them so that their color stays vibrant, yielding perfectly cooked beans that still have a crisp.
This dish is great with fresh, thin green beans, but you can also use frozen. Just make sure they are properly thawed, or the frying pan will cool down and they will taste more boiled than fried.
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
lemon green beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 garlic clove grated or finely minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Trim and rinse the green beans.
- Boil the beans until tender but still vibrant green and a little bit crunchy, about 2 to 4 minutes. Drain the green beans.
- Heat butter or oil in a frying pan.Add diced onion and saute until tender, about 2 minutes.
- add green beans and Sauté the beans for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat until they begin to brown. Lower the heat towards the end. add lemon Salt and pepper to taste.stir to about 1 minute.
- Add finely chopped parsley before serving