We loved this Stir-Fried Tofu and Mushrooms and it’s low-carb, gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
Cut the extra-firm tofu into 1/2 inch cubes. Cut the mushrooms in pieces close in size to the tofu.
Heat the wok over high heat; then add 1 tablespoon of oil and heat until shimmery. Lower heat to medium-high, immediately add tofu and cook, turning often, until it’s well browned, about 5-7 minutes. Watch carefully; we got some pieces a little dark. Remove tofu, turn heat to high, add the rest of the oil, add mushrooms, and cook until they are cooked through and all liquid has evaporated, about 4-5 minutes.
Add the tofu back into wok with the mushrooms. Add the marinade mixture with the added ingredients, lower heat to medium high, and cook, stirring, until all the ingredients are slightly glazed and the mixture has partly evaporated and thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Add the sliced green onions and cook 1 minute more.
Easy mushroom and tofu stir fry recipes
For anyone who likes tofu and mushrooms, this delicious Stir-Fried Tofu with Mushrooms is something you can enjoy.
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
tofu stir fry with vegetables recipes
mushroom and tofu stir fry
- 14 oz firm tofu drained and cut into cubes
- 3 to 4 mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ginger minced
- 2 tablespoons scallions minced
- 2 tablespoons red pepper minced
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ground pepper
- Cut drained tofu into cubes about 1 inch square.
- In a wok or a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil, heat until hot.Add tofu cubes to the wok or pan, reduce heat to medium heat, stirring occasionally, and cook until the cubes become golden, brown and firm, about 5 minutes. Transfer the cooked tofu onto a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to wok or skillet,Heat until the oil is hot, add garlic, ginger, red pepper and mushrooms, stirring constantly, and cook for about 5 minute .
- Add the tofu cubes back into the wok or skillet, and pour the soy sauce.salt,sugar and ground pepper to taste. Stirring and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.Add the sliced green onions and cook 1 minute more.