shredded pork with garlic sauce delivers a sophisticated and addictive taste: tangy, spicy, sweet & sour.
Tips on julienne the pork
As you might have realised, there is lots of chopping involved in preparing shredded pork with garlic sauce. Every ingredient is either cut into thin strips or finely minced. This seems a labouring job. But believe me, finely chopped ingredients does make a difference to the final taste. The most challenging part has to be julienne the pork fillet. You first need to slice it then cut into thin strips.
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
shredded pork with garlic sauce
- 10 oz pork
- 2 teaspoons rice wine
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon corn starch / potato starch
- 2 tablespoons chilli
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1/2 cup pre-soaked wood ear
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 1 stalk spring onion
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons black rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Slice pork fillet then cut into long thin strips . In a bowl, rub the pork (with your hanwith rice wine, soy sauce, salt and water until no more liquid can be seen. Add corn starch then mix well. Set aside.
- Cut wood ear, carrot into thin strips. Finely chop spring onion.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce and stir well.
- Heat up a wok over a high heat. Pour in oil, then stir in marinated pork. Transfer to a plate when all the strips become pale.
- Fry chilli, ginger and garlic in the remaining oil . Add wood ear and carrot. Stir fry for half a minute or so then add the pork. Cook a further half a minute.
- Pour in the sauce (stir well beforehand to avoid starch sitting at the bottom). When it becomes thick, turn off the heat then sprinkle spring onion over .