Chicken Carbonara Pasta is an easy comfort food recipe the whole family will love! Feel free to use leftover grilled chicken.
You can use leftover grilled chicken,
Get started on the Pasta Carbonara part of the recipe by boiling the water for the pasta while you’re cooking the bacon. Drain the bacon on paper towels and crumble. Set the bacon crumbles aside for now.
While the bacon is cooking, you can chop the onion and garlic.
Remove all but about 2 tablespoons of bacon grease, and sauté your onions until they turn translucent, about 3 or 4 minutes. Then add the garlic, and cook for another minute, stirring constantly to make sure the garlic doesn’t burn.
I love chicken carbonara pasta………and chicken carbonara
Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente, according to package directions.
While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, and salt and pepper until smooth.
Before you drain the pasta, reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Then drain your pasta and put it back in the hot pot. While the pasta is still hot, add half the egg mixture, stirring the pasta while doing so. The sauce should give the pasta a good coating. After adding half of the sauce, add the frozen peas, bacon, and sauteed onion and garlic. Finish adding the sauce, stirring until it’s all combined. Then add the reserved 1/2 cup of the pasta water to help thin out the consistency of the sauce. Toss with grilled chicken and enjoy!
MORE DELICIOUS SIDES
chicken carbonara pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 chicken breasts marinated, grilled and sliced
- 8 oz of bacon cooked, drained on paper towels, and crumbled
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 16 oz spaghetti cooked al dente with 1/2 cup pasta water reserved
- Italian Chicken Marinade
- Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar,, garlic,
- To marinate chicken, place chicken breasts in large plastic ziploc bag, and pour marinade over them.
- Marinate for up to 4 hours.
- Grill chicken, 3-5 minutes each side.
- Start boiling your water for the pasta.
- Cook bacon, drain on paper towels, crumble and set aside.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease from pan.
- Over medium heat, sauté the onions in the remaining bacon grease until they turn translucent, a few minutes.
- Add garlic, peas, and cook for 3-5 minute, stirring constantly.
- Set onion and garlic mixture aside.
- Drop the pasta in boiling water and cook until al dente, according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk together Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water before draining the pasta. After draining, place the pasta back in the hot pot.
- While the pasta is still hot, add half of the mixture, stirring the pasta while you are adding it. The sauce will thicken and will coat the pasta.
- After adding half of the sauce, add the frozen peas, crumbled bacon, and sautéed onion and garlic mixture.
- Add the rest of the sauce, stirring to combine.
- Add the reserved 1/2 cup of the pasta water to keep the sauce consistency from being too thick.
- Toss with grilled chicken.