These shrimp kabobs are skewers of shrimp, pineapple, and peppers, grilled to perfection.
sweet juicy pineapple and savory peppers. The easiest, most flavorful way to prepare shrimp – so perfect for summer grilling or roasting!
How to make shrimp shish kabob recipes!
If you are using wooden skewers with any open flame, be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes first so that they do not burn.
Shrimp cook very fast on the grill. With direct heat, it takes about 1-2 minutes to grill the shrimp. If you use indirect heat, it will take 2-3 minutes to cook the entire shrimp, on both sides.
For the oven: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
bake the shrimp in an oven at 400F for about 8 minutes or until they are cooked.
MORE SHRIMP SHISH KABOB RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Vegetable Lo Mein Recipe – super easy
Shrimp and asparagus pasta – so easy & flavorful
green bean salad recipe – super easy
Raisin Bran Muffins – so delicious!
vegan pineapple fried rice – perfect light lunch!
mango chicken recipe – fresh & flavorful!
shrimp shish kabob
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- For the shrimp kabobs
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined tails removed if desired
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- For the seasoning: combine all the spices.
- Heat a grill or a grill pan to medium-high.
- Thread the shrimp, pineapple, and red pepper onto skewers.
- Brush the skewers with olive oil and sprinkle 2-3 teaspoons of jerk seasoning over the skewers - be sure to season both sides.
- Soak wooden skewers in water 30 min (reduces burning of the sticks).
- For the grill: Place on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- For the oven: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- bake the shrimp in an oven at 400F for about 8 minutes or until they are cooked.