Fresh green beans, bacon, and garlic with a squeeze of fresh lemon!
How to make green bean salad recipes
After you wash your beans, chop off the ends. I then blanch them in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes.
will want to saute the bacon medium-high heat. the bacon once it starts to get crispy. drain the bacon grease out of the pan.
Add the onion and sweat until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the bacon and cooked green beans back into the pan and give a quick toss.
Tender crisp green beans with bacon are one of our all-time favorite side dishes!
MORE GREEN BEAN SALAD RECIPES READERS LOVE!
Bacon Pea Salad – so easy
fried wonton recipe – packed with flavor, texture & color!
Asian cucumber salad – The perfect summer recipe
Raisin Bran Muffins – light, fluffy and delicious!
easy cucumber salad – Easy and delicious!
minestrone soup – Comforting and delicious!
green bean salad recipe
- 1 lb green beans blanched
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon diced
- 1/2 onion Sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or sherry vinegar
- Cook the green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until just crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the green beans to an ice bath to stop the cooking and preserve the color. Drain once they are cooled.
- Place chopped bacon into a frying pan and cook until crispy.
- Remove bacon and set aside on a plate lined with a paper towel, leaving 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
- Add the onion and sweat until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the green beans, cooked bacon to the pan, and warm through.
- Finish with lemon juice and season with salt & pepper.
- Server warm or at room temperature.