Red Beans and Rice is all cooked up in one big pot. This mouthwatering combination of onions, celery, Sausage, red beans, rice and a perfect blend of spices is a super hearty flavor packed meal.
Start by heating a little vegetable oil in the pot over medium heat. Add the onion, green pepper, celery and sausage. Cook until the onions soften and the sausage lightly browns. This will take several minutes so stir frequently so nothing gets too crispy on the bottom.
MORE RED BEANS & RICE WITH SAUSAGE RECIPES READERS LOVE!
fried potatoes with bacon recipes
red beans & rice with sausage
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage or other sausage, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 ( 8-ounce) cans red beans (or red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 tablespoon parsley minced
- Heat oil over medium heat in dutch oven or heavy stock pot. Add the sliced sausage and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, green pepper, and celery. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the beans and rice. Reduce the heat to a simmer . Cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
6 thoughts on “red beans & rice with sausage”